Our final newsletter of the year will be sent out today (Tuesday 17th July) along with our annual 'Governor Report to Parents'. Please note that letters/ reports will be sent out to families - where the intention is that the oldest child within a family will bring the letter home!
It has been a very successful year for Ysgol Y Waun and our governing body are looking forward to discussing the report with you on Thursday 13th September!
- create a warm, supportive and stimulating school environment in which children feel happy, safe and secure, and are eager to learn,
- develop positive relationships founded on mutual trust, respect and good example,
- ensure all pupils are encouraged and supported in reaching their potential as learners,
- provide all children with a broad, balanced curriculum relevant to their needs and abilities,
- develop children as caring sensitive and tolerant individuals who have a clear understanding of right and wrong,
- introduce children to a wide range of experiences and challenges which motivate and enrich their learning, now and in the future,
- have high expectation of all children in terms of learning and behaviour,
- value all children equally, upholding their rights regardless of gender, ability, disability, colour or race,
- promote a strong partnership with parents based on shared information and responsibility for children’s learning,
- serve the community well, encouraging and welcoming support and interest, and inspiring confidence in the work of the school.
Year 6 shananigans...😍#proud
Oak Class will be visiting the park tomorrow for their end of term treat.
Reminder that it is own clothes day tomorrow for the whole school.
Brilliant outfits and amazing awards! A selfie station, snacks and singing loudly to the Greatest Showman! Hazel cl… https://t.co/LA46h4KKc1
Year 1 end of year party for Mrs Edwards and Mr Matthews classes tomorrow. Remember to come to school in your party clothes.🎵🎉🎈
Thank you for all the party food donations in Reception they went down a treat
Amazing end of year party in Reception today
Baking and painting our amazing Dragons eyes...#excellentteamBeech
Final newsletter today along with governors report to parents to be sent to families (oldest child)