We have an exciting term ahead with lots of activities planned for the pupils!
We have made several updates to our website - in order that you have access to up to date information!
You will now find the school prospectus and a new 'Friends of Ysgol Y Waun' page.
Our calendar provides information on events this term!
Newsletters and awards will continue to be posted weekly!
- create a warm, supportive and stimulating school environment in which children feel happy, safe and secure, and are eager to learn,
- develop positive relationships founded on mutual trust, respect and good example,
- ensure all pupils are encouraged and supported in reaching their potential as learners,
- provide all children with a broad, balanced curriculum relevant to their needs and abilities,
- develop children as caring sensitive and tolerant individuals who have a clear understanding of right and wrong,
- introduce children to a wide range of experiences and challenges which motivate and enrich their learning, now and in the future,
- have high expectation of all children in terms of learning and behaviour,
- value all children equally, upholding their rights regardless of gender, ability, disability, colour or race,
- promote a strong partnership with parents based on shared information and responsibility for children’s learning,
- serve the community well, encouraging and welcoming support and interest, and inspiring confidence in the work of the school.
1st June, 2019
1st May, 2019
1st April, 2019
1st March, 2019
1st February, 2019
All working hard coming up with points for our debate tomorrow! Should the local superstore be allow to build over… https://t.co/AO8GVABdhy
The Autism Bus is also at these venues in the pictures below.
The Virtual Autism Tour Bus is coming to the Wrexham area. It is a training course designed to educate family membe… https://t.co/GhHr4jxzZw
Bendigedig to our Welsh in the Workplace finalists. We had a great morning at the Guildhall being presented with ce… https://t.co/jXG5lJhVrf
Viking flatbread made by Dosbarth Juniper (Year 1)
Dosbarth Juniper enjoyed making Viking flatbread on Friday
Cedar and Hazel class had a brilliant afternoon measuring out Viking longships. Loads of maths, reasoning skills an… https://t.co/3L5wG5O3EO
Great day at the Kwik cricket finals. Well done boys for your effort and sportsmanship.
Year 6 enjoyed questioning a local archaeologist as part of our mantle week. #mantleofthexpert
Juniper Class become Archeologists!