A change in wind direction and low cloud has resulted in a strong smell of smoke this morning (Friday 17th January).
We will, once again, keep the children inside today until the smoke clears and/ or the wind changes direction.
All classroom doors and windows are shut in school and there are no air conditioning units drawing air in from outside.
J. Roberts - Head Teacher
F. Hemmings - Chair of Governors
Please remember to check our website for weekly newsletters, head teacher awards and special awards!
- create a warm, supportive and stimulating school environment in which children feel happy, safe and secure, and are eager to learn,
- develop positive relationships founded on mutual trust, respect and good example,
- ensure all pupils are encouraged and supported in reaching their potential as learners,
- provide all children with a broad, balanced curriculum relevant to their needs and abilities,
- develop children as caring sensitive and tolerant individuals who have a clear understanding of right and wrong,
- introduce children to a wide range of experiences and challenges which motivate and enrich their learning, now and in the future,
- have high expectation of all children in terms of learning and behaviour,
- value all children equally, upholding their rights regardless of gender, ability, disability, colour or race,
- promote a strong partnership with parents based on shared information and responsibility for children’s learning,
- serve the community well, encouraging and welcoming support and interest, and inspiring confidence in the work of the school.
1st January, 2020
1st December, 2019
1st November, 2019
1st October, 2019
1st September, 2019
Dear Parents Low cloud/ rain and a change in wind direction has produced a strong smell of wood smoke around school… https://t.co/cVqYdbIveb
Non uniform day for those who would like to donate to those in Australia.#actofkindness#teaching ourchildrenabouthelpingothers💙🐨🦎🥀Thank you❤
Dear Parents Don't forget that tomorrow is an own clothes day to raise money to support people in Australia affected by the fires! Thanks
Dear Parents Kronospan have met with fire crews at 9am this morning and have confirmed that the fires are extingui… https://t.co/ZE3FUpm0Kj
Dosbarth Sycamore exploring the different electricity zones in class this afternoon to work out what the electricit… https://t.co/Rn3sF1f4a8
The changing wind direction will determine which parts of Chirk are affected. As a precaution we have taken the dec… https://t.co/26ptw6onWB
Dear Parents, We have taken advice from the Environmental Health/ Housing Team and the Local Authority Health & Saf… https://t.co/6Qeeb4gVZZ
Congratulations to Dosbarth Cedar for winning the autumn term attendance race at Lloyd's Lane! Bendigeddig!
Year 6 children are on their way back from Danger Point and will be arriving back at Ysgol Y Waun by 3.30pm.