This term in Oak class we are looking at the topic ‘Going Green.’ We have been very lucky to receive a visit from our local Tesco’s to talk to us about how our food ends up at the supermarket and the different logo’s that Tesco support. We have also been fortunate enough to go for a walk around our local environment to complete a survey on litter. In Literacy we have been reading the story ‘The Tin Forest’ which has helped us to develop our story writing skills by thinking about descriptive language, diary entries and letter writing. We hope to develop our skills further this term by completing our own tin forest stories and looking at poems related to the story.
Please continue to read at home and review your books read on our book blogging system. If you read with your child please help them and comment on:
- Can read a range of appropriate texts fluently and accurately
- Can justify prediction by referring to the story
- Can begin to find meanings beyond the literal
- Can respond to the tension in a story
- Can read ahead to determine direction in meaning
- Can pause appropriately in response to punctuation and/or meaning
- Can use note-making effectively to summarise the main points in a text
Homework based on literacy and maths learning taken place that week will continue to come home each Friday and need to be returned no later than Tuesday. If your child has lost their book for any reason please let us know so that we can provide a new book, as homework is important for your child to consolidate learning.
PE will take place on Tuesday and Thursday. Full PE kit should be in school ASAP and it will be sent home for washing at the end of each half term. Kit consists of white t-shirt, black shorts and trainers/pumps.
If you should have any questions or just want a chat about your child please feel free to come and speak to us.
Thank you for all your continued support
Mrs Smullen and Mrs Rowlands