This term in reception we have been busy getting to know one another and exploring our new environment. We are currently learning about bears, exploring what they look like, what they do and the different types of bears you kind find. Later on, in the term we will be investigating what happens to bears in winter and what they have to do in preperation for hibernation. This will also give us a chance to observe the change that occur in our seasons.
Reading books will be changed weekly for you to explore with your child commenting on:
- Can recognise own name
- Can hold book correctly
- Can recognise front and back cover
- Can understand that reading is made from writing
- Can understand that print conveys meaning
- Can differentiate between text and illustration
- Can name some letters (capitals and lower case)
- Can talk about stories and use pictures to support
- Can locate the title
- Can open the front cover
- Can turn pages appropriately
- Understand that left page comes before right
- Understand that we read print left to right
- Predict the story line and some vocabulary
Homework based on literacy and maths learning taken place that week, will come home each Friday starting after October half term.
PE will take place on Tuesday however, we suggest you bring full PE kit in ASAP and it will be sent home for washing at the end of each half term. Kit consists of white t-shirt and black shorts. We will let you know when trainers/pumps will be required.
We are really excited to get to know both the children and parents so if you should have any questions or just want a chat about your child please feel free to come and speak to us.
Thank you for all your continued support
Miss Hughes, Mrs Smullen and Mrs McCunnell