We have an exciting year ahead with lots of new activities planned across the year. We start with TNS workshops this week and new activity trails on both sites.
2016/17 was a very successful year for our school but we will not rest on our laurels - with exciting plans to develop maths and reading this year alongside creative workshops for all classes across the school year - we hope that 2017/18 will be even more successful!
Our website calendar has also been updated to include key dates across the school year!
- create a warm, supportive and stimulating school environment in which children feel happy, safe and secure, and are eager to learn,
- develop positive relationships founded on mutual trust, respect and good example,
- ensure all pupils are encouraged and supported in reaching their potential as learners,
- provide all children with a broad, balanced curriculum relevant to their needs and abilities,
- develop children as caring sensitive and tolerant individuals who have a clear understanding of right and wrong,
- introduce children to a wide range of experiences and challenges which motivate and enrich their learning, now and in the future,
- have high expectation of all children in terms of learning and behaviour,
- value all children equally, upholding their rights regardless of gender, ability, disability, colour or race,
- promote a strong partnership with parents based on shared information and responsibility for children’s learning,
- serve the community well, encouraging and welcoming support and interest, and inspiring confidence in the work of the school.
Reception children in the Advertizer this week as new starters!!
The children in Reception have been exploring our new bear cave. Having a teddy bear's picnic and pretending to hib… https://t.co/dDzNk5hbZE
Oak class homework this week is to learn the song words for the Harvest service which is next Thursday morning ~ Mrs Rowlands :-)
Well done to the children who attended the taster day at the Marches. You were polite and a credit to the school. Great ambassadors 😁
Many thanks to Friends of the School for the fantastic bingo event today that raised £150.Huge thank you to all those who came and supported
Any newspapers would be much appreciated in school on Lloyds Lane site😉Please..thank you muchly 😍 X
Brilliant discussions about anti-social behaviour today with PC Kim.#schoolbeat ....X
Bingo this Thursday! Please come along and support our Friends of the School. Hope to see lots of you there! Mrs E… https://t.co/LQbji4LyFv
Amazing costumes at Ysgol Y Waun to celebrate Book Week.